Accutane is one of the most powerful second line drugs for systemic acne therapy. According to the drug classification, it refers to retinoids, which are vitamin Aderivatives.
Accutane has a strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect. It contributes to a significant reduction or recurrenceprevention of severe nodular acne.
Accutane is highly effective in the treatment or prevention of skin condition, in which inflammatory lesions reach more than 5 mm. It is prescribed to adults, adolescents or children over 12 years of age, who do not respond to antibiotic therapy of acne.
|Tablet Package:||5mg, 10mg, 20mg, 30mg, 40mg|
|Available Packages:||10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, 270, 360 pills|
|Payment Method:||VISA, MASTERCARD|
||Express Delivery Service|
|Where To Buy Accutane?||TOPDRUGSTORE|
- Accutane is a structural analogue of retinol, also known as vitamin A.
- The manufacturer and supplier of Accutane to the international market is the pharmaceutical company Roche.
- It is available in the form of gelatin capsules, which contain 10 mg, 20 mg or 40 mg of the active ingredient Isotretinoin.
- Accutane is sold in blister packs, 30 capsules each. One package is intended for a month of skin disorders treatment.
The action of Accutane is to reduce acne by suppressing the function of the sebaceous glands. This dermatological preparation helps to quickly restore skin health and permanently get rid of acne.
A significant decrease in the intensity of acne is noticed already during the first two to three weeks of Accutane use. This systemic retinoid also helps to alleviate such dermatological reactions, as itching, redness or skininflammation.
Accutane has a high affinity for fats, and is quickly absorbed in the body, when used with low-fat food. Therefore, it is not recommended to take this retinoid on an empty stomach.
- An adequate dose of Accutane is calculated individually, depending on the intensity of the inflammatory skin lesions and the patient’s weight.
- The approved effective dose of Accutane is 0.5mg -1 mg per day, divided into two intakes.
- The treatment of cystic acne may require an increase in the daily dose of Accutane to a maximum of 2 mg/kg.
- Dose titration may be required in low individual response to Accutane, or with dose-dependent adverse reactions.
The recommended duration of retinoid therapy is 3 to 5 months. Patients can use topical antibioticsfor the prophylaxis or prevention of acnerecurrence, after the completion of Accutane course.
With prolonged use, Accutane helps to minimize the production of sebum. This action of this retinoid results in a decrease in acne and prevention of its recurrence.
If the skin problem recurs, repeated retinoid therapy should be started no earlier than 2 months after the end of the first Accutanecourse. The results of laboratory studies prove that Accutane reuse is mostly required for adolescents during the transitional age (16-17 years).